Zucchini Noodles with Bacon and Basil
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 zucchini
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6slices Canadian bacon, trimmed of all fat and thinly sliced
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and sliced into strips
- 1small red chile, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon pine nuts
- A handful of fresh basil, thinly shredded
- Make your spaghetti by either grating the zucchini at an angle on the largest side of a cheese grater or using a hand-held julienne peeler or spiralizer.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and stir-fry the zucchini for 3 minutes. Add the bacon to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until cooked. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chile, pine nuts, and the remaining olive oil to the pan. Toss for a few minutes, then take off the heat.
- Divide the spaghetti between four bowls, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Monday to Friday © 2016 by Daniel Green, Kyle Books
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 208
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Sodium 1.1g
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 9.5g