Black Bean and Bacon Breakfast Tacos
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2ounces bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 1can (15-oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Tomatillo salsa
- Fresh Cilantro
1. Toast tortillas lightly on each side under the broiler, then wrap in foil to keep warm while you make the filling.
2. Cook bacon in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 4 minutes. Drain oil.
3. Add beans. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Beat eggs in a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
5. Melt butter in the same skillet. Add eggs and cook, stirring gently, about 2 minutes.
5. Fill tortillas with bean mixture and eggs, topped with tomatillo salsa and fresh cilantro.