Avocado and Jicama Salad
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2cup thinly sliced jicama
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radish
- 3tablespoons hulled pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/4cup light sour cream
- 1/4cup fresh orange juice
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits.
- Score the flesh into a cross-hatch pattern and scoop it out using a large spoon.
- Place the avocados in a medium bowl. Add the jicama, radish, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a serving bowl, whisk together the sour cream, orange juice, lime juice, sugar, and olive oil.
- Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the dressing and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with the pomegranate seeds for texture and color, and serve.
Recipe from Healthy Latin Eating by Angelo Sosa & Angie Martinez (Kyle Books, 2015)