Apple Raisin Marsala Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 16-17 minutes
The combination of the Marsala wine, apples and raisins are such a wonderful combination of flavors to add to the chicken cutlets. I like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes and buttered carrots.
- 4pieces boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3cup Marsala wine
- 2tablespoons apple jelly
- 1/2cup California golden raisins
- On a flat surface, using a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to a 1/2-inch thickness. Season chicken beasts with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; add minced garlic. Add chicken, cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is nicely golden and no longer pink inside. Remove to platter and keep warm.
- Add Marsala, apple jelly and apples to the skillet; stir. Bring to a boil, scraping up the brown bits from the skillet. Add raisins; cook 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.