Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
Sweet Potato Slab Pie
A fun twist on sweet potato pie, baked up in rectangular sheet pans and sprinkled with streusel topping.
17 oz Puff Pastry
5 Whole Sweet Potatoes
1 cup Sugar
1¼ cup Heavy Cream
4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 T Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Whipped Cream
⅔ cup Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
¼ cup Unsalted Butter
½ cup Roasted Pecan Pieces
½ cup Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat a 15 x 11-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each sheet of puff pastry into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle. Place sheets on pan and press evenly onto the bottom and sides. Trim edges, if needed.
- Prick pastry with a fork. Cover with aluminum foil and spread dried beans or pie weights on top. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove beans or pie weights and foil, and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet potatoes, sugar, cream, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt until well combined. Pour evenly over crust. Bake 30 minutes.
- To make streusel, place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Add butter and cut into crumbswith a fork until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in pecans and toffee.
- Sprinkle streusel over pie and bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Cover pastry edges with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
- Let cool completely, then refrigerate. Serve chilled with whipped cream.