Bacon and Egg Potato Boats
Stuff baked potatoes with eggs and bacon for a fun, inexpensive dinner the whole family can get on board with.
TIP: If potato halves don’t stand upright, cut a thin slice off the bottom.
- 1 Russet Potato
- 2 T Butter
- 2 T Milk
- 2 T Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 T Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Bacon Strips
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Wash potato, dry and pierce several times with a sharp knife or fork. If baking, preheat oven to 425Â°F. Liberally sprinkle garlic salt on wet skin. For softer skin, rub potatoes with oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and wrap with foil.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle meets no resistance.
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. After baked potato cools, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop pulp into a bowl, leaving about Â¼-inch around the edges. Mash pulp with a fork. Add butter, milk, cheese, onion, bacon and salt. Stir well. Spoonâ¨back into skins. With the back of â¨a spoon, create a deep well. You may have to remove some pulp. Place on baking sheet. Crack one egg into each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until egg whites are set.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped bacon or parsley.