King's Arms Tavern Cream of Peanut Soup
So good and so rich, this soup is a Virginia classic.
This version of peanut soup is adapted from the King's Arms Tavern in Williamsburg. This soup is also good served ice cold.
- 1 Onion
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 3 T Butter
- 3 T All Purpose Flour
- 2 qrt Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
- 2 cup Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1¾ cup Light Cream
- 5 T Peanuts, Chopped (optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet; add onion and celery and sautÃ© until soft, but not brown. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add chicken broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add peanut butter, salt and cream, stirring to blend thoroughly. Do not boil. Serve garnished with peanuts.