Grape and Apple Crisp
We're so used to eating grapes free-hand we forget they make wonderful contributions to comfort dessert recipes such as this crisp.
Sometimes, the top is nicely browned but the apples are not quite tender. If this happens, cover the pan with foil and bake another 5 or 10 minutes, until the fruit is soft. If you prefer, you can make this crisp in 8 (12-ounce) ramekins.
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ⅓ cup Walnuts, Chopped
- 6 T Sugar
- 6 T Brown Sugar
- 1½ Unsalted Butter Sticks
- 6 cup Sliced Granny Smith Apple
- ⅔ lb Red Seedless Grapes
- ⅓ cup Fresh Orange Juice
- or ⅓ cup Orange Juice, Bottled
- 1½ T All Purpose Flour
- 2 T Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, walnuts, granulated sugar and brown sugar.Â Add butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- To prepare filling, combine all ingredients in a 2-quart baking pan; sprinkle with topping mixture.Â Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and fruit is tender.Â Cool on wire rack.