Make rhubarb's tart flavor available all year with this simple relish.
This mellow chutney is perfect on top of softened brie cheese. It's also a great mate with grilled pork.
- ⅔ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 8 cup Chopped Rhubarb Stalk
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- ¼ cup Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 12 Black Peppercorn
- Place vinegar and sugar in a nonreactive saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add rhubarb and remaining ingredients to pan. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender and mixture thickens, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool completely. Store in a glass jar or plastic storage container in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.