Roast Chicken with Garlic, Lemon and Parsley
Ready for a roast? Marinate chicken in aromatic ingredients before roasting for deep flavor.
At Hamersley's Bistro in Boston, this chicken is served with roasted potates and onions. The marinade is more like a wet rub.
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Shallots
- 1 T Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1½ T Dijon Mustard
- 1½ tsp Herbes de Provence
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary
- 3 lb Whole Chicken
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Garlic Head
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- or 2 T Lemon Juice, Bottled
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor; process to a paste.
- To prepare chicken, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 170F. Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes.
- Reserve pan juices in the roasting pan. Add broth and lemon juice. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into broth mixture. Whisk, stirring to loose brown bits, and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.