Chicken in Tomato-Peanut Sauce
A long turn in a Crock-Pot will lure layer after layer of flavor out of this Thai-inspired chicken dish.
Serve over basmati rice.
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup Plain Dried Breadcrumbs
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- ½ cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 14 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 6 T Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- 3 T Chopped, Roasted Peanuts
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a medium-size slow cooker.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, peanut butter, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, red pepper and broth. Spoon over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with peanuts and cilantro.