Creamy Alfredo sauce and vegetables make a deluxe pasta favorite.
Use whatever vegetables are in your refrigerator to make this classic pasta dish.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 Tomatoes
- ½ cup Chopped Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Pasta And Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb Dried Spaghetti
- or 1 lb Thin Spaghetti
- ¼ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb Broccoli
- 2 Whole Zucchini
- 4 Asparagus Spears
- 2 cup Peas
- or 2 cup Peas, Frozen
- 1 T Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- 2 T Butter
- 6 T Pine Nuts (optional)
- To make tomato topping, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and tomatoes; cook about 4 minutes, stirring gently so as not to break up tomatoes any more than necessary. Stir in basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until al denteâalmost but not quite tender. Drain well, and set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, make Alfredo sauce. Gently heat chicken broth, mascarpone cheese and cream in a very large saucepan. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In boiling water, cook broccoli 3 minutes. Add zucchini and asparagus and continue cooking until they are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add peas and cook 30 seconds if frozen, 1 minute if fresh. Drain vegetables well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add vegetables, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and parsley. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes, stirring gently. Add butter; toss gently.
- Add spaghetti to Alfredo sauce; toss to coat. Add vegetables, tossing and stirring over very low heat.
- Serve spaghetti topped with the tomato topping. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.