Cheese Blintz Casserole
Make the batter and the filling ahead for this creamy take on a classic blintz.
Both the batter and the filling for this light, crustless cheesecake can be made in a day or two in advance.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- ⅓ cup Low Fat Buttermilk
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Soft, Skim Milk Farmer's Cheese
- 16 oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 16 oz Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To prepare the batter for blintz layer, combine eggs, milk, buttermilk, vanilla, flour and salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour butter into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish; swirl to coat. Tip baking dish to pour butter into batter. Process batter until very smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups batter into baking dish, and bake 10 minutes or until set. Reserve remaining batter in a small bowl.
- To prepare the filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, honey, lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and about half the farmer cheese in the food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once or twice; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining farmer cheese, cottage cheese and ricotta. Mixture will not be completely smooth.
- Spread filling over baked blintz layer. Whisk reserved batter a couple of times, and slowly pour over filling.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is puffed, set and starting to color. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Cut in squares and serve warm with Warm Blueberry Sauce.