Roasted Chicken Salad with Basil
Summer vegetables—green beans and corn—turn roast chicken into a one-dish supper.
A purchased rotisserie chicken makes this salad a snap. Cook the corn and beans until just crisp-tender.
- 3 lb Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- 1¾ cup Trimmed Green Beans
- 3 Ears of Corn
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Chopped Basil
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Remove skin from chicken, discard. Remove meat from bones and chop. You should have about 4 cups of meat.
- Toss chicken, beans, corn, bell pepper, basil and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl; pour over salad, tossing gently.