Chimichurri, a Central-American version of pesto adds fresh and zippy flavor to grilled steak or chicken.
Chimichurri has as many renditions as there are cooks. Use it as a marinade, basting sauce or condiment for grilled steak or chicken.
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ½ cup Chopped White Onion
- 2 T White Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place garlic in food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add cilantro, parsley, onion, vinegar, oregano and pepper flakes. Add olive oil in a thin stream and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week. Makes 1 cup.