Chicken Salad and Grape Tomato Sandwiches
A great way to make use of leftover chicken.
Shredded chicken is good for making salads because it exposes more of the surface to the mayonnaise. To shred, tear with fingers while the chicken is still warm. The recipe makes about 3 cups salad; it can also be used for wraps or pitas.
- ½ cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- or 2 tsp Lemon Juice, Bottled
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 cup Halved Grape Tomatoes
- 2 T Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 T Chopped Chives
- 8 Multigrain Bread Slices
- 4 Lettuce Leaves (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes, parsley and chives; stir gently.
- Spoon about a quarter of the chicken salad on one slice of bread, top with lettuce and another slice of bread and cut diagonally in half. Repeat with remaining bread, salad and lettuce.