Scrambled Eggs and Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
Creamy eggs get a generous helping of summer flavor. A dash of cream makes them super velvety.
Don't rush these eggs--cooking them slowly keeps them creamy.
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 2 T Butter
- 8 Eggs
- 3 T Heavy Cream
- 4 Sourdough Bread Slices
- 2 T Chopped Chives
- Heat oil in sautÃ© pan over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes and sautÃ© 5 minutes. Add thyme and sautÃ© 4 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Place a large, heavy skillet over low heat. Add butter and heat until melted. Add eggs. As eggs begin to set, draw a spatula from the edge of the pan to the center, allowing the uncooked eggs to run onto the surface of the pan. Just before eggs are done, add heavy cream and stir until eggs are creamy, soft and a little lumpy. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
- Place a piece of warm toast on 4 individual serving plates. Top with eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives.