A bowl of this on hand will take care of brown-bag lunches for several days.
This healthful, delicious pasta salad takes all of 15 minutes to make and can feed your kids for days. Add, subtract and substitute ingredients as you and your little tykes like.
- 9 oz Cheese Filled Tortellini
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Minced Thyme
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1¼ cup Halved Grape Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Kalamata Olives, Chopped
- 3 oz Smoked, Shaved Turkey
- 4 Red Onions
- 2 oz Ricotta Salata Cheese
- or 2 oz Feta Cheese
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, thyme, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over pasta; toss well. Add tomatoes, olives, turkey, onion, cheese and additional black pepper; toss well.