Sweet shrimp and crab and a creamy custard in a deep-dish pie.
This luxuriously rich quiche is best in small bites. Be sure to squeeze the spinach dry after thawing. When baked, the quiche is still a little wet in the center, but it sets up as it cools.
- 4 oz Swiss Cheese
- 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust Shell, Frozen
- 5 oz Lump Crab Meat
- 10 oz Chopped Spinach, Frozen
- 4 oz Small Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ⅔ cup Half and Half
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place half the cheese in pie crust. Top with crab, spinach and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300F and bake 50 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.