Warm Kidney Bean Salad
Try this tart bean salad as a side with barbecue pork, chicken or beef at your next grill-out.
This dish is also good made with Great Northern beans.
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup Sliced Onion
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- or ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 30 oz Canned Kidney Beans
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ¼ cup Pimento Stuffed Green Olives
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add oregano, vinegar and beans. Cook over low heat until beans are warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, parsley and olives. Serve warm or at room temperature.