Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
Try this mild vinaigrette made from shallots on salads or sautéed vegetables.
This mild vinaigrette is perfect on fresh asparagus or a salad of baby greens with apples, toasted pecans and Gruyère cheese or in a wheat berry salad.
- 6 Shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
- ⅓ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss together shallots, garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil. Spread on a baking pan. Roast, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, or until shallots are soft and caramelized. Drain shallots, reserving oil in a measuring cup. Add enough additional oil to measure 2/3 cup.
- Place shallots, rosemary and vinegar in a food processor. While machine is running, slowly drizzle in reserved oil.Â Add salt and pepper. Makes 24 (1-tablespoon) servings.