Israeli Couscous with Mango and Cucumber
Sweet mangoes combine with Israeli couscous in this summery salad.
This is a light salad is perfect with lamb. The key here is balance, with each ingredient contributing a part but not overwhelming the others. Israeli couscous is sometimes called “pearl couscous” or “giant pasta pearls.”
- 2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 6⅓ oz Pearl (Israeli) Couscous
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 cup Cubed Mango
- 2 cup Chopped English Cucumber
- 1 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 T Honey
- 1 Lime
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
- Combine broth and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add couscous; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and couscous is al dente. Remove from heat and place into a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent grains from sticking. Let cool.
- Add mango, cucumber and cilantro; toss well.
- Whisk together honey, lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over couscous; mix well.