Cucumber Ginger Lime Cocktail
A cooling after-five sip ideal for spring or summer months.
This summery refresher is a nice change from more traditional warm-weather cocktails. We bet your guests won’t be able to guess its main ingredient.
- 6 Cucumbers
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 1in Knob Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Limes
- 8 oz White Rum
- Set a strainer over a large bowl. Line it with several layers of cheesecloth.
- Cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Take 6 slices about 1/4 inch thick to use as garnishes; set aside. Peel cucumber, cut into halves lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Cut cucumbers into large pieces. Place in food processor or blender and process until reduced to pulp, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into strainer and use a spatula to press all the juice from mixture.
- In a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, water and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat; remove and discard ginger slices. Stir in lime juice.
- Remove strainer from bowl and discard cucumber pulp. Stir in sugar-ginger mixture and white rum. Refrigerate until completely cooled, at least 2 hours.
- Serve over ice cubes, garnishing each glass with a slice of cucumber.