Green Beans with Parmigiano Reggiano
A last-minute sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano, the glorious cheese from northern Italy, adds terrific flavor to a sauté of beans.
Use a large skillet so that the beans have plenty of room.
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Green Beans
- ¼ cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.Â Stir occasionally and lower heat if beans are browning too quickly.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring gently, until cheese is browned, about 3 minutes.