Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Mushrooms
This one-dish, old-fashioned chicken braise features the sunny flavors of Herbes de Provence.
Herbes de Provence, a sunny combination of rosemary, marjoram, thyme, savory and lavender, brings life to everything from eggs and scalloped potatoes to lamb and chicken.
- 1 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- or 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- or 3 T Bottled Lemon Juice
- 3 T White Wine
- or 3 T Dry Vermouth
- 1 T All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Herbes de Provence
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 3–5oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 T Plain Dried Breadcrumbs
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Green Beans
- ½ lb Mushrooms
- Whisk broth, lemon juice, wine, flour, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lightly coat chicken with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add beans and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Pour broth mixture over top. Cover and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.