Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
Lorraine Frittata with Bacon, Onions and Gruyere
Bacon, onions and mellow gruyere cheese, all cooked up in a frittata perfect for breakfast or dinner.
¾ lb Bacon
1¼ lb Yellow Onion
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat a large oven-safe sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, until almost crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Discard fat, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
- Add onions to pan; season with salt and pepper. SautÃ© over high heat until onions start to turn golden. Lower heat to medium and cook until caramelized, stirring often, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring, until onions are evenly distributed and eggs start to set on the bottom. Continue cooking and stirring 1 or 2 minutes until eggs are nearly cooked. Stir in bacon.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Place pan in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until eggs are puffy on top, cheese has melted, and frittata is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven. Cut frittata into wedges.