Rotisserie Chicken Paprikash
Enlivened with sweet peppers, smoked paprika, and cayenne, enriched with sour cream, and enabled with a chicken somebody else cooked.
Serve this easy yummy dish over noodles to get every bit of the luscious sauce.
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 1 T Minced Garlic
- 1 T Smoked Sweet Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- ½ tsp All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 2 T Chopped Dill
- 1 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat a large sautÃ© pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and cayenne; sautÃ© until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken and pull meat in large pieces. Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thoroughly warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour into sour cream in a small dish. Slowly add to sauce and simmer 3 minutes more (do not boil). Stir in dill, lemon juice and sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.