Halibut with Tarragon-Lemon Breadcrumbs
Fillets with a nip of horseradish-spiked mayonnaise and savory crumbs perfumed with tarragon and lemon.
If you don’t like tarragon, try snipped chives or chopped fresh thyme.
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Minced Tarragon
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Halibut Fillets, 5–8oz
- or 4 Cod Fillets, Boneless, Skinless, 4-6oz
- 4 tsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sautÃ© 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs, tarragon, lemon rind,Â salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place halibut on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over each fillet. Top with crumbs, patting lightly to help them adhere. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish is tender and crumbs are golden.