Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Skewers of savory chicken and a luscious peanut sauce for dipping. Satay is the perfect dish for introducing kids to the flavors of the world.
Serve with jasmine rice and slices of seedless cucumber.
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 2½ T Hoisin Sauce
- 1 T Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1½ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 T Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 T Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cup Cooked Jasmine Rice
- 1 Seedless Cucumber
- To prepare sauce, warm peanut butter in a small bowl in microwave. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Add 3/4 to 1 cup water, as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- To prepare chicken, weave pieces onto skewers. Combine lime juice, oil, salt and pepper and brush on skewered chicken.
- Prepare grill or heat grill pan to medium high. Lightly oil grill grate or pan, and grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a platter. Serve with peanut sauce.