Make meal planning easy! Discover recipes, create meal plans, shopping lists and more.
Easy Bacon and Tomato Pasta
Looking to up the nutritional punch? Stir in steamed broccoli or spinach.
¼ lb Bacon, Thick Cut
1 Red Onion
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
28 oz Canned Whole Tomatoes
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 lb Thick Spaghetti
½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
6 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over low heat until slightly crisp. Add onions and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, salt and sugar. Simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and add to sauce. Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup cheese. Toss well. Serve with olive oil (if using) and remaining cheese.