Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast? Who ever said dreams don't come true?
- 1¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- or ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 T Butter
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Dried, Unsweetened Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Chopped Walnuts
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, oil and syrup in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds.
- Fold in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 13 minutes, until light golden. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: Make a batch of these on the weekend and store in the freezer!