Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
A kid-friendly breakfast on-the-go, easily made vegetarian by substituting black beans for bacon.
For a vegetarian version, substitute the bacon for 1/4 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed, then lightly mashed.
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Butter
- 4 8in Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Bacon Strips
- or ¼ cup Canned Black Beans
- ½ cup Baby Spinach
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a fork in a bowl until blended.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and scramble eggs. Remove to a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat one tortilla over low. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp cheese over tortilla.
- Spoon half the eggs on top. Sprinkle half the bacon and spinach and 2 more Tbsp cheese over eggs.
- Top with another tortilla. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cheese melts and tortillas are toasted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Freeze or cut into wedges to serve immediately.
TIP: Freeze for later! Place quesadillas on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 1 to 2 hours, then place in individual ziplock freezer bags. Reheat in a toaster oven or microwave.