Cranberry Eggnog Scones
Put a holiday twist on traditional scones by adding eggnog and cranberries.
If you don’t have self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 tsp Cornmeal (optional)
- 2 cup Self Rising Flour
- or 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- or 1 T Baking Powder
- or ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup Eggnog
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 tsp Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with cornmeal if using.
- Combine flour and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Pour in 1 cup eggnog and stir gently with a fork just until incorporated. Fold in cranberries. Dough will be sticky.
- Scoop dough onto parchment. Pat into 10-inch round. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if using. Spray the blade of a serrated knife with cooking spray and score dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until top is beginning to turn golden. Let cool 5 minutes on pan, then transfer to wire rack. Cut into 8 wedges.