Easy Cheddar Sage Biscuits
These savory breakfast biscuits make great dinner rolls, too.
If you don't have self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 cup Self Rising Flour
- or 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- or 3 tsp Baking Powder
- or ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Plain Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 T Chopped Sage
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place self-rising flour in a mixing bowl, making a well in the center with a fork.
- Whisk together yogurt and milk. Gently pour into flour well. Add cheese and sage. Blend with a fork. Dough should be a bit wet and sticky. Add a bit more milk if necessary.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Shake flour over the top and gently pat out dough to about ½-inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter that's been dipped in flour. Place rounds on a baking sheet or greased cast-iron skillet with sides touching.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.