Frittata with Summer Squash, Spinach and Linguine
Family-friendly frittata showcasing linguine, veggies and cheese.
If you're watching your cholesterol, use 2 egg whites and 4 whole eggs for 140mg cholesterol per serving vs. 200mg. To make a frittata with corn, ham and cheddar, add 1 1/2 cups fresh corn and 4 ounces ham in place of the red bell pepper and spinach.
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 cup Diced Yellow Squash
- ½ cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 4 oz Linguine Pasta
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- ⅓ cup 2% Milk
- 6 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Chopped Basil
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Add butter and melt over medium-high heat. Add squash, red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add linguine, spinach and basil to squash mixture. Whisk eggs, milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Pour over noodle mixture. Jiggle pan to make sure egg mixture seeps down among noodles. Cover and cook until top is almost set, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle cheese on top of frittata and broil until golden brown.