Easy Five Ingredient Caesar Salad
This simple Caesar salad can easily be adjusted to suit vegans.
On-the-go? If you don’t have a blender simply mash all of the “wet” ingredients with the back of your fork working it into the romaine lettuce.
- 3 cup Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup Canned Chickpeas
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- or 3 oz Chicken, Cooked
- 3 T Hemp Seeds, Shelled
- ½ Avocado
- 2 T Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic (optional)
- 2 oz Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- Chop romaine lettuce and set aside in a serving bowl.
- For the dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, hemp seeds and nutritional yeast. Optional ingredients to add to the mix are garlic and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Blend together for a thick and creamy dressing.
- Pour dressing over romaine lettuce. Combine and top with chickpeas. If you'd like to add another protein source instead of a vegetarian friendly protein, try grilled chicken.