Canned tomatoes are a welcome flavor addition to what is usually a starchy, sweet meal.
The flavor of the smoked paprika is distinctive, so if you’re not a fan, leave it out.
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 2 T Smoked Paprika (optional)
- 2 Whole Zucchini
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 14 oz Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cilantro Bunch
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; sautÃ© 10 minutes.
- Add almonds, raisins and paprika; cook 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and water; simmer 30 minutes. Add cilantro. Serve room temperature or warm. Serves 12.