White Chicken Chili
A lighter version of traditional chili featuring juicy chicken thighs, white beans, lime and avocado.
In a pinch? Use canned beans instead of dried. Add the canned beans along with the chicken stock and corn.
- 1½ lb Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 T Canola Oil
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Guajillo Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 6 cup Chicken Stock
- 10 oz Corn Kernels, Frozen
- or 10 oz Fresh Corn Kernels
- 4 cup Dried Navy Beans
- 1 Cilantro Bunch (optional)
- 1 Green Onion Bunch (optional)
- 2 Avocados (optional)
- 2 Limes (optional)
- Heat canola oil in a heavy dutch oven over medium heat. Add minced onion. Stir and continue to cook over medium heat until soft; about 5 minutes.
- While onion is cooking, cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to onions, stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt. Reduce heat; simmer for 1 minute. Add Mexican oregano, cumin, coriander, guajillo chili powder and chipotle.
- Add chicken stock and corn; stir to mix well. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add beans and cook for another 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon into serving bowls, season with salt and pepper and serve with toppings.