Linguine with Walnut-Sage Pesto
Earthy sage replaces summer basil in this spin on pesto, enriched with toasted walnuts and walnut oil.
The pesto is wonderful with fresh pasta but would be equally good with pork chops or roasted butternut squash.
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 T Chopped Sage
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Walnut Oil
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ⅔ cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 9 oz Linguine Pasta
- Combine walnuts, parsley, sage and garlic in a mini-processor; pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in oils; blend well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Thin pesto with 1/3 cup reserved water. Add pasta, and toss thoroughly to combine, adding additional water, as necessary.