Savory Beef Burgers
A splash of fish sauce adds tons of interest to these burgers.
Try a slice of daikon instead of onion on these burgers.
- 1½ lb Ground Beef, 90/10
- 1½ T Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Onion Slices (optional)
- or 1 Daikon Radish
- Combine all ingredients, except buns, in a large metal bowl. Be careful not to overwork the meat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature, covered with wax paper, 30 minutes.
- Form meat into a 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat or grill until internal temperature reaches 150F (about 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch-thick patty.)
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments. Try adding a thin slice of daikon for some crunch instead of an onion.