Salmon Panzanella Salad
This bread salad makes an ideal one-dish dinner.
Garnish with toasted pine nuts or shavings of parmesan cheese, if you like.
- 1½ lb Salmon Fillets, Boneless, Skinless
- 8 T Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 3 Dill Sprigs
- 1 Onion
- ½ lb Green Beans
- 1 pnt Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 oz Spring Mix Salad Greens
- or 4 oz Mesclun Mix
- 1 Baguette
- 3 T Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Dry Mustard (Mustard Powder)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Fresh Basil
- 10 T Pine Nuts (optional)
- 10 T Shaved Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Heat broiler to low.
- Coat salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place fresh dill across the top of fillet. Broil 5 to 7 minutes. You want the fish to be cooked medium so that it will easily flake, but not be dry. Remove from oven and let cool. If there is skin on the fillet, remove and discard.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a small skillet. Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Plunge green beans into an icy bath to set bright green color and stop cooking. Drain well and place into a large salad bowl.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onions until caramelized. Cool and spoon over green beans. Add cherry tomatoes, lettuces and bread pieces.
- Place vinegar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, chopped basil leaves and remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with a lid. Seal and shake vigorously. Pour over salad mixture and toss.
- Add flaked salmon and basil slivers. Toss gently and serve.