Strawberry Herb Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
A beautiful warm weather salad that's light, clean, and refreshing.
Add a bit of soft goat cheese, if you like, to bulk it up. Poppy seeds—a classic strawberry partner—add extra spark and textural interest.
- 1 pnt Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cup Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Watercress
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ¼ cup Tarragon Leaves
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- ½ tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 T Goat Cheese (optional)
- Place the sliced strawberries in a medium bowl.
- Fill a deep bowl with cool water. Add arugula, cress, parsley, tarragon and mint, swish around to clean, and lift into the basket of a salad spinner. Spin dry and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, honey, salt and pepper until emulsified. (Or shake vigorously in a lidded jar.) Spoon 1 tablespoon vinaigrette over strawberries; toss gently to coat. Spoon 2 tablespoons vinaigrette over herbs; toss gently. Scrape berries over herbs. Taste, adding more vinaigrette if desired.Â Serve immediately.