Penne with Asparagus, Peas and Mint
A vegetarian pasta dinner starring tender asparagus and the heady aroma of mint.
For asparagus and peas that stay bright green, stir-fry at the last minute and add to the finished pasta.
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1¼ lb Asparagus
- 1 cup Fresh Peas
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- ¼ cup Chopped Mint
- ½ cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- ⅓ cup Sliced Almonds
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Drain and return to pot. Stir in cooking water. Cover and let sit over low heat.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and peas; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 30 seconds more. Stir in salt, black pepper and wine. Add to pasta. Add mint; stir gently to combine. Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and almonds.