Kentucky Derby Hot Brown Pizza
When your party coincides with the Kentucky Derby, it’s only fitting to make a Kentucky Hot Brown Pizza.
Gourmet pizzeria Tony BoomBozz’s creation is a white-sauce pizza topped with roasted turkey, bubbling cheeses, crisp bacon and Roma tomatoes.
- 1 T Unsalted Butter
- 1 T All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 T Sour Cream
- 1 T Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 24 oz Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 1½ cup Pre Cooked Turkey, Chopped
- ½ cup Chopped, Cooked Bacon
- 1 cup Diced Roma Tomato
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until combined. Cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add sour cream. Bring mixture to a slow simmer. (Do not boil.) The mixture will begin to thicken. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll pizza dough into a 14-inch round or square. Place on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread sauce on dough and top with remaining ingredients in the order listed. Bake 7 to 11 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.