Cheesecake in a Jar
Serve these simple, mousse-like cheesecakes in small canning jars for an adorable dessert.
Baking cheesecakes in a water bath tempers the heat, keeping the cheesecakes creamy.
- 32 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 T Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ cup Fresh Blueberries
- or 1½ cup Fresh Raspberries
- or 1½ cup Sliced Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and fluffy, about 6 minutes. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into 18 (4-ounce) jam jars, about 1/2 cup per jar. Place in large baking pans. Place pans on oven rack. Using a large measuring cup, pour water into baking pans until it reaches halfway up the side of the jars. Cover baking pan with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers are almost set. Let cool completely. For best results, refrigerate 4 hours.
- Top with fresh fruit of your choice.