Amazing Glazed Chicken in Romaine with Asian Raisin Relish
Second runner-up in our California Raisins recipe contest, this chicken dish features a spicy fruit mixture and Asian flavors.
Juicy chicken strips, glazed in a delightful, spicy fruit mixture with some Asian flavors, nestled into romaine leaves and crowned with an incredible raisin relish mixture. Simple, different, and totally delectable.....
- ½ cup Pineapple Preserves
- 1 Lime
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 Mango
- ½ cup Diced Cucumber
- ¼ cup Diced Red Onion
- 2 T Chopped Mint
- 2 T Sesame Seeds
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 T Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Asian Chili Sauce
- or 1 tsp Sriracha
- 16 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Whisk together preserves, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger root, blending well.
- Combine raisins, mango, cucumber, onion, mint, sesame seeds and reserved lime zest. Add 2 tablespoons of the preserves mixture.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 4 somewhat equal strips. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; when hot, add chicken strips and cook until tender, about 8 minutes total, turning to brown all sides. Add the remaining preserve, along with chili sauce; cook until chicken is nicely glazed, turning frequently. Remove from heat.
- Place a chicken strip into each romaine leaf; top with raisin relish and place on a serving platter. Garnish with additional fresh mint and sesame seeds, if desired. Makes 16 appetizer servings (or 4 main dish servings).