Seared Tuna with Lemony Potatoes
Tuna goes farther—and is simpler to eat—when it's chunked and mixed with potatoes.
Tossing in a tablespoon of capers would be a lovely addition.
- 2 Tuna Steaks, 6–8oz ea
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 T Hot Sauce
- or 1 T Tabasco Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10 Red Potatoes
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 T Capers (optional)
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Combine olive oil, hot sauce and garlic in a measuring cup. Pour half the mixture into a shallow baking pan, reserving remaining sauce. Add tuna to pan and let stand 1 hour, turning halfway though the marinating time.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove tuna from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Grill tuna 3 to 4 minutes per side, until desired degree of doneness.
- Place hot boiled potatoes in a bowl. Break tuna into chunks and add to potatoes. Add lemon rind and juice, parsley and reserved sauce. Toss and serve.