White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Manchego adds a rich, piquant flavor to this simple white bean salad.
This recipe was inspired by one from Joyce Goldstein's Mediterranean Fresh (W. W. Norton, 2008).
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8½ oz Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
- 1 T Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 32 oz Canned Cannellini Beans
- or 32 oz Canned Great Northern Beans
- ⅓ cup Diced Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 1 oz Manchego Cheese
- or 1 oz Romano Cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.