Italian Breakfast Panini
This easy Italian sandwich is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Panini (pronounced pah-NEE-nee) means “little breads,” but these toasted Italian sandwiches pack big flavor. Originating in Italy as a humble cafe snack, they have crossed the Atlantic to become an easy light meal. You can put just about anything on a panini, but hearty breads and pungent fillings work best. Sourdough bread, cheese and fresh spinach add zip to this sandwich, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 2 Bacon Strips
- 1½ oz Provolone Cheese
- 4 Sourdough Bread Slices
- 3 T Tomato Basil Sauce (optional)
- or 3 T Marinara Sauce
- or 1 tsp Chopped Basil
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper.
- Layer Cheddar cheese, tomato, spinach, bacon, eggs and provolone cheese on 2 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread.
- Cook 3 minutes in a grill pan. Serve with tomato basil sauce on the side, if desired.