An alternative to chocolate ice cream, with no ice cream maker required.
1 cup Sugar
¼ cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Salt
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt. When cool, pour into a bowl or food storage container and cover.
- Freeze until set. (This takes several hours or overnight.) When frozen, spoon into bowl of food processor.
- Process until texture is like a soft ice cream or a thick smoothie.
- Spoon back into bowl container and freeze until reset and ready to serve.